Saturday, May 1, 2010

Wet Wings Bursting Forth

I read Gabrielle Roth's "Sweat Your Prayers", think of Saul David Raye's 'Ananda Tandava' dance and wonder what the dance of destruction he mentioned is called. I want to put on some music and dance my lingering grief, sadness and fear away. I felt like, when my job and character were threatened by someone who sexually harassed me, as if everything I'd worked for would be taken away. I try to be positive, but I am having difficulty breathing freely, both because of the pollen, and this fear. I feel like I am myself wrapped in a cocoon of grief woven through with the grief threads of every woman who has been labeled as unbalanced or crazy because they protested a man's actions. I feel like I am my own mother wanting simultaneously to beat that guy over the head with a wall air-conditioning unit, and pour myself a nice cup of tea, and say, "There love. It's okay. The bad man is gone. All gone now." I sing to mother, to Ma, to Kali Ma, Durga Ma...protect me!!!!

I do Bound Lotus, again, and erupt into dance. Then I read Gabrielle Roth's words: "I know she'll emerge next month like a butterfly from a grief cocoon, flap her damp wings until they dry, and flutter across town..."

Last night, in meditation, I saw the physical eyes and the 3rd eye as an Infinity symbol with a sun above it. It is the Heart of the Christos symbol from Sekhem-Sekeim-Reiki that I teach. A little SSR and some R&R is what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment