Sunday, May 30, 2010

Birthdays and Sundays

Yesterday, by accident, I saw a clip from "Blue Velvet", after watching Michael Caine in "Harry Brown". I could really resonate with the old man getting fed up with the murderous young punks and opening up a can a' wup ass on them! Then "Blue Velvet" brought back memories of my own personal Frank Booth. I did not sleep well, to say the least. But I do see that darkness lies within all of us, and we can choose to align with it, or align with the light and then bask in it's glow.

Joe called to ask if I was going to Sat Inder's birthday party, and while we were talking about head coverings, I realized that my big purple hat with the antennae, which I wore one Halloween when I dressed up as a 'Social Butterfly', would be perfect! So off I went, and had a fabulous time! The people were awesome, the food was great! So many cool people...chatting with Hugh and Jackie and Ben on the porch under the Catawba trees with their white orchid-like blossoms. I love talking with gay men who just love life and how beautiful it is...no issues.

Then sitting around eating cupcakes with Jackie, and seeing the light in Sat Inder's eyes on his 40th. That card of him, or what looks like him, was hysterical! With the beard, the hair, the coconut bra! Ha ha! Good times! And Bound, well, I did it earlier, so no worries...

No comments:

Post a Comment