Friday, May 7, 2010

Deepening My Practice

Yesterday I did the "Full" practice of Subagh Kriya and 31 minutes of meditation to 'Ad Gurey Nameh', whereas before I just did 11 minutes. I felt as if my heart were being pried open like a rock shrimp being fileted. I did the same two practices again today... Then I spontaneously ran downstairs to borrow the computer and sign-up for Summer Solstice and Kitchen Seva. I am anxious about not having a tent. A little nervous about the changes Solstice will bring, and also wishing with all my might to be able to take KRI Teacher Training in August in Espagnola, New Mexico.

I finally made it out the door to teach my evening class after sitting for Bound Lotus. One of my students came by only to sign herself in, even though she can't take class because she hurt her knee. She just loves my class so much she doesn't want to see it cancelled for lack of attendance in the past few weeks. I had told her that if my boss at that studio cancels another class of mine on a whim, I will not replace it with another class at the same studio. I told her not to worry, because there were students there.

We had fun, just doing more Yin-like poses, and laughing and telling jokes. Then I came home and sang some more...

No comments:

Post a Comment