Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Mercurial Mother

I'm up early. I slept so much yesterday, that now I am up in time to do Morning Sadhana when it is supposed to be done, between the hours of 4 and 6 am. The Amrit Vela. The Ambrosial Hours. The time of day when the sweet morning dew, that alchemical mixture which falls on the grass, and impregnates the flowers and leaves with healing energy, also hovers in the air to settle on those who are up at this hour to imbibe it through their conscious breath. It is breathtaking to do this practice again at this hour! I feel, after having lost my breath during the pollen season, how wierdly I have an increased lung capacity as compared to before the pollen season. Miracle or hidden strength? I sing and rejoice that I am on day 189 of Bound Lotus. The Grace of God and Guru have brought me here...

Last night when I awoke with a start, and scrambled to do Bound Lotus, I felt sick. When I finished, I did not. As I sit this morning to sing the Aquarian Sadhana mantras, I feel tired, but strangely uplifted. Last night I felt like Cinderella, watching the finery of my practice fade to show the rags of my former poor health peeking through. After Bound Lotus I felt renewed. It is as if Spirit were showing me how very important it is to do this practice every day..."Keep up and you will be kept up."

I want to cry at the realization of the blessing I have received with both this practice and the gift of my name, Amrita. A drop of dew in the ocean. Divine nectar. Deathlessness. Timelessness. This morning, in Bound Lotus, at 5:10 am, I am ecstatic, and riding a wave of Bliss! As I tell those whom I attune to the Reiki energy, you must put the oxygen mask on yourself first. This Bound Lotus is a divine gift! No longer rotely done. No longer a chore. It was a gift when I began it...and it is again now. Another Dark Night of the Soul is past, and I can see the beauty and intricacy of this pose entwining itself with me. I feel like I am growing roots into the earth as I sit. My head feels like a rose or a lotus blossoming forth. I WILL keep up! I WILL honor God and Guru and myself, for this blessed gift of being able to DO Bound Lotus. This heals me. Even more to do it first thing in the morning just as I did at Winter Solstice. A gift of Yogi Bhajan's Grace. The Guru's Grace. Grace of the Divine. The Mercurial Mother...and the Cosmic Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment