Saturday, May 29, 2010

Long Days and Nights

I've been sleeping a little fitfully, and waking up tired but happy. Last night's class was fun to teach, and it is my favorite class, but this one student makes me uncomfortable with his annoying crush on me. I keep thinking he is done with it, and then he gets right up in my personal space again...so close I can smell his bad breath. He has to know on some level that he does this...for he only gets that close when no one else is around. He is, quite frankly, being a little energy vampire. And I don't care how kind he is otherwise, if he gets in my personal space bubble again, I will energetically slap his hand.

That being said, I am enjoying the rest of the lettuce another student gave me, with a little seasoned rice vinegar, black truffle oil, and grains of paradise. Bound Lotus seems to be deepening not from being all sweetness and light right now, but from standing up for myself.

I subbed two classes this morning, and met a wonderful woman from Puerto Rico. She is funny, forthcoming, and full of kindness. She was so excited about getting up into Crow for the first time in my class! I asked the students in the first class what they wanted to work on, and she piped up: "Crow!" Another lady said 'hips' and they compliment each other so we did both. I talked them through working Moola Bhanda and Uddiyana Bhanda to float up into Crow. It worked!

I am tired but happy, and ready to sit for Bound Lotus again.

No comments:

Post a Comment