Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bittersweet YinYang

I've been skimming through Phil Hine's primer on Chaos Magick, which is really eclecticism in magick. If one process works from a different tradition, you blend it with what you are doing, or you change it. So I consider Kundalini Yoga to be a sort of 'magic' in how it heals specific issues so deeply through the most bizarre exercises that make me giggle sometimes. And I love it, but sometimes doing that work only raises my energy and doesn't protect me from being drained by the bugs at the lamp like the ritual Banishings of The Golden Dawn. So I still do them. It's faster than Sat Kriya even, and more effective. I speculate that is because it is a balance of dark and light, of many things...

It is a 'Western Yoga'. In reading, as well, Peter Carroll's "Liber Null", I can see the workings, conscious or subconscious of all of us when we seek to expand our consciousness, and when we seek control. I think it is better to be informed about it all. I see what might have been perpetrated against me in the past through the darkness, and I see how it can be counteracted through the work I am doing. Both in lifting up my consciousness and protecting myself.

After all, Yogi Bhajan said: "The basic purpose of life is just to be human and deal with life as a human being. Don't become so bitter that somebody will throw you away or so sweet that someone can eat you up." I am bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment