Wednesday, December 16, 2009

On the Road Again

I slept fitfully last night, awakening to a rather uncomfortable nightmare. At 2:30 am, unable to get back to sleep, I decided to do Bound Lotus and ease my mind for the rest of the day. It was surprisingly easy to do...I quietly stretched on the bed while Keith slept, and then did the whole practice in silence without singing. I was tired on the rest of the drive down to Lake Wales, but at peace.

Once here, I met Ananda and Akal Prema (Lauren), who is on her 100th day of Bound Lotus. She said getting past 40 days is really hard. She told me that when Mahan Kirn was doing it, all of these accelerated karmic things happened. For instance, her house in New Mexico at the ashram was on fire, and she asked Yogi Bhajan about it. She said she thought Bound Lotus was the most powerful practice, and that she shouldn't be having any problems because it would clear her karmic slate. Yogi Bhajan said no, and to be thankful for Bound Lotus, for before starting the practice it was her fate to burn in the house, and survive with third degree burns, which did not happen. What an incredible practice! I feel very blessed to be here in Lake Wales, and do not believe it was an accident that I came to this practice of Bound Lotus. Maybe falling on my head would have happened anyway, and without having committed to this practice just prior to the fall, maybe I would have been paralyzed? Who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment