Friday, December 25, 2009

Bound Lotus by the lake...

At 12:40 am or so this morning, I did Bound Lotus by the lake with a friend who has been doing Bound Lotus for 4 and a half years. In my warm-up, I found that I was able to get into Eka Pada Rajakapotasana not only close to what I could do before I fell on my head, but beyond. I found my feet and held them to the back of my head, which I never dreamed would happen this year, much less after the injury. I was so filled with gratitude that I cried to the heavens, literally, doing yoga under the beautiful sky! Then Bound Lotus came easily and blissfully. I actually lost track of time. It was a Merry Christmas under the stars...

Then Santa came and left the morning dew on my pillow and lambskin as I slept under the stars for the second time in my life, this time gazing at a beautiful tree covered with Spanish moss. My friend and I shared an orange and then went to sleep, awakening under a blanket of morning dew. As magickal as that was, I do hope my things dry before we leave, especially my brand new down pillow.

And on this Merry Christmas I go to work at the Luggage tent with all my fabulous friends and Luggage family.

No comments:

Post a Comment