Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Day...

...at least Bound Lotus was easy, and at least I have some of Sat Sundertat's fabulous chocolate. That will get me through a 10 hour day of lifting luggage. Ick. I have high hopes of having a good day though. At least I won't be alone for Christmas. Last night we had a meeting in the Luggage tent about work shifts, and I volunteered for the next two days to work at 2:45 am, but Pritam Hari was so spacey he didn't write it down. Then Jot said I wasn't on there and they needed me for 2:45 - 8 am and then 12:15 - 6 pm. I asked how the hell I was supposed to sleep AND go to the one workshop I wanted to go to: Sat Nam Rasayan?!?!?!

They relented and gave me 12:15 - 10 pm.

So this morning I did Bound Lotus and cried. I'm so exhausted. So tired. Then I went to the workshop with Mahan Kirn Khalsa (teacher of Bound Lotus) on the healing technique of Sat Nam Rasayan. We did several Kundalini Yoga sets interspersed with lying down alternately to receive the gift of healing from our partners. The set with the hands in a Vulcan greeting really spoke to me. At the end, after writing down everything I could remember, and asking Mahan Kirn for advice, she said I should do that one meditation for 31 minutes a day...

Someone heard us talking and asked if I'd really managed to write everything down since this sequence is not in any book. I told him yes, and offered to e-mail it. In the process of talking, I discovered that he is almost done with 1'000 days of Bound Lotus! I feel so much better, so much a part of the sangha now, that I regret deciding never to come again to Solstice, and forgive my group for abandoning me. After all, who I was really angry at was my mother for leaving, and a little at Sat Inder for hanging out all the time with Hari Purkh and ignoring me. But that's so laughable that I care about that. It isn't important. My mother was in a great deal of pain and it wasn't about me. Sat Inder is just enjoying meeting new people that in less than a few days will be gone, and it isn't about me. Talking to Hari Purkh is what he needs, and Sat Nam Rasayan is what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment