Monday, December 14, 2009

Exhausted but Excited

I don't really have time to write anything...but I'll say that it has been a really busy day. I squeezed Bound Lotus in between teaching classes and going to the chiropractor, while finishing my packing, cleaning and preparations for the trip. Just before bed at 9:30 pm, I finished the last load of laundry and washed my car. Doing the pose without much of a warm-up was hard on the knees, but I think I'm okay. I felt a little tight in the shoulders, and the chiropractor confirmed that it is probably because in class yesterday I tried to do headstand too soon. She said my spine hasn't quite stabilized where it needs to be, and so the muscles of my neck and shoulders are compensating to hold me up, and tightening.

So I jumped the gun, and I need to go back to taking it easy with the rest of my practice. I'm glad I haven't lost the momentum for doing Bound Lotus and that it is helping to heal my neck. I've done it for 42 days now. The first 40 days are to change an old habit, the next 50 to create a new one...

No comments:

Post a Comment