Friday, April 30, 2010

Nick Drake's Pink Moon Thursday...

and "Mirrormask". If only while doing Bound Lotus on Day 178, I could succeed in swapping places with my little 'inner goth girl', and just join the circus, or be 20 again and join Cirque de Soleil. That would be so cool. I am looking for 'the charm' or the talisman or amulet - metaphorically speaking - in my heart. Or maybe just looking to get the splinter of ice out of my eye, like Hans in "The Snow Queen".

I taught class tonight to the music of folk artist Nick Drake, and his song and album of the same name: 'Pink Moon', in honor of the goddess energies of the moon, the Pink Moon, the Peony Moon, the Fish Moon. The moon that is now with it's silvery blue light, and peaceful quiet. I love the night. It is beautiful. It is unfortunate that yucky stuff tends to hide in it. I want to yell at the creeps sometimes: "Get out of Mom's velvety black darkness!"

I taught class like a workshop, helping students get into headstand, and Urdhva Eka Pada Rajakapotasana. They loved it! We played. We did something different for the Pink Moon. One student brought up the movie "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo". She and I seem to be not only on the same page, but we have a lot of rage. We also have respiratory problems. Is it inability to 'let go' per se, or is it simply that we are both old souls and we were once Russian Witches?

No comments:

Post a Comment