Thursday, April 8, 2010

90 Days of Releasing Fear meditation with 'Aadays Tisai Aadays', and...

...the purchase of a lovely little tiny piece of Hematite-included Ajoite to heal the throat chakra and ground it into beingness. Among other things. I've wanted a piece of Ajoite for a long time. I finally called Mary and Jennifer in Naples, FL at The Other Side of the Sun...www.theothersideofthesun.com...to buy my little girl. It is a celebration of opening into new light for me.

As was last night's Yin class at D's. I looooove that studio, the soft energy, the resonant acoustics, the ambiance, the people. I felt inspired to teach as Paul Grilley (one of Sarah Powers' teachers who studied with Paulie Zink) teaches, connecting a little more Yang with the Yin, and yet doing The Infant Series entirely on the back and belly. I suggested they explore their bodies' ability to move like babies creating their cervical and lumbar curves and rebelling in their ability to make little movements and slight playful changes in the postures. An ecstatic movement within the statically held postures. The words came as inspiration and from a place of peace that opened in the studio. I had a wonderfully lovely conversation about kids and being childlike with a lovely woman who came to class. She made me grin.

I have dreams of eventually drawing in the practice of mantras with Yin Yoga as Bernie Clark described in "YinSights", then teaching Reiki to the students so they can use it during Yinpractice, and finally...some day drawing in the Laying-On-Of-Stones/Crystals during Shavasana. The thought of it feels heavenly.

Also, just this morning, while processing some grief opened up during Danielle's class earlier yesterday, I read a thread on Jot Nirinjan's facebook page. Her friend Kali spoke of a book called "Homo Ludens", a sociological work written as a partly socially derogatory commentary on the lack of playfulness of the German Renaissance Movement which manifested as Nazism, or what author Huizinga called 'peurilism'. It was written during the rise of The Third Reich. My mother, ever the humanitarian, was reading this work years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment