Thursday, February 4, 2010

Praanpathi Namo Namo and Kirtan Kriya

I feel really strange. I still want chocolate, but not excessively. Yesterday, I thought I just decided to eat better in honor of my mother's birthday; now, I'm actually craving certain foods like crazy: broiled raw garlic toast with ghee; couscous with tomatoes and cucumbers; baked potatoes with crushed, raw garlic, raw ginger, salsa and ghee; more toast; an entire pot of Yogi Tea (cinnamon, clove, cardamom pods, black pepper, sliced ginger, and a tiny bit of Assam black tea); Golden Milk (turmeric, cardamom, grains of paradise, rice milk, ghee and raw acacia honey); apples, bananas, blackberries and oranges. Amazingly, I didn't think about chocolate every waking minute. What I crave the most is broiled raw garlic toast!!! If this keeps up, I'll need to buy one of those garlic braids because, all told, I ate a head of garlic spread out over the day today. I drank a quart of Yogi Tea. I pooped three times in one day, just like in Florida at Solstice! I feel radiant.

But of course, there are low points. A male student who wants a private yoga session for the wrong reasons that I'm going to have to politely say 'no' to...but without asking him why he is so manipulative, or directly accusing him of asking for photos of me for the wrong reasons. I've got a hunch about him. I've also got an old friend who did something very careless today in regards to my name, and I want to ask him: "Are you fuckin' stupid?!", but I won't. And I was all excited to get the two CDs I ordered from Spirit Voyage, but darnit, they only sent one. I don't get to start the kriya I wanted to today. Pfft. So, I'm irritated, impatient, annoyed...but my skin glows and I'm eating healthy again for the first time in 40 days.

Hm. I guess 90 days of Bound Lotus and 40 days of Moon Kriya did what they were supposed to do, huh? Kundalini Yoga is incredibly powerful. For that matter, on Sunday when I finished 90 days of Bound, I went to Guru Sandesh's class. I got dizzy from the exercises in a group, and from her palpable radiance.

Today I did Praanpathi Namo Namo Kriya, which works on opening up the energy at the juncture of C7 and T1 (right where the compression to my spine was the worst), and also T8 behind the heart. My energy has been blocked here for years. Sat Inder, wonderfully tolerant and kind friend that he is, gave me the Kriya. I felt a HUGE opening after I did it the first time! I did Kirtan Kriya for women as well, resting on my chin to release past negative sexual associations with men. Funny that when my ex dropped me it compressed the physical doorway at C7 and T1 for releasing this stuff, including my connection to him...and these kriyas are opening the door.

I'd begun my day chanting Ek Ong Kar Sat Nam Siri Wahe Guru for 3 minutes, Sat Narayan Hari Narayan Hari Narayan Hari Hari for 9, and a 3 minute meditation involving Sat Nam and Wahe Guru. Then the meditation to 'Aadays Tisai Aadays'. I felt fabulous! My fatigue after getting up to teach my 6:15 am was gone! I did the two new Kriyas and then rested with ice on my neck while listening to Yogi Bhajans Gong CD for 20 minutes. I felt buzzy and seriously energized. In Bound Lotus my lifted more than two inches from their normally crunched position around my heart. If I wasn't before, I'm convinced that Kundalini works! The last month has sucked with days of gasping for air, a practically tubercular and painful cough at times, low energy, food cravings and intense bouts of seething rage and anger for long past bullshit. Today, with it's healthy food cravings, new kriyas, and minor frustrations was like a cakewalk. Yeah, I'll keep goin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment