Monday, February 1, 2010

It's 40 days since finishing White Tantric Yoga!

All in all today was really beautiful...a wonderful morning class with Carson and Krissy, practising variations on Dhanurasana; doing some Pigeon variations on my own, and falling asleep on the studio floor in time to get up and go to Sat Inder's class - which was so beautiful; later getting into a funk, while a crow sat down and cawed on my 11th story windowsill ( birds don't come up here normally); narrowly missing five accidents on the way to my chiropractic appointment; then teaching class. One of my favorite students, Kristen, brought me the entire Led Zeppelin collection! I was so excited!!!!!!!!!!!! She said she would if I finished 90 days of Bound Lotus, and she did. So nice to be around people who love and support you.

I love my job teaching. I love the students. I love watching them grow and change, and the fact that they allow me to grow and change as a teacher...they said they loved my classes because everytime I teach it is always something new, and the enthusiasm is contagious. They complimented me and said that I give so much personal attention, that the adjustments made them feel as if I really cared about aligning their spines, and I quote, "even if I have to personally get every vertebra in the right place myself." I was just blown away...

In Illinois, the students are truly a community. In St. Louis it is getting that way. My students in Illinois have seen me doing Bound Lotus and commented that if it brings as much peace upon finishing as they saw it brought me, then maybe they would do it too... Yoga is such a special gift.

Bound Lotus got done late today, and I was really tight and sore. It was hard to get myself to do it, oddly on Day 91. I want to rest, but as Yogi Bhajan said: "Keep up and you will be kept up." I feel that there are 'angels' looking after me...like the sniper Arrow in "The Cellist of Sarajevo", looking out for me, and rooting for me as I keep my commitment to do 1'000 days of Bound. I find myself asking if it is coincidental that the day I first thought about reading "The Cellist of Sarajevo" and listening again to Jacqueline du Pre playing Camille Saint-Saens 'The Swan' was the day one of my students, Natasha Rubenstein died. The day on which services were held for her at a church around the corner from me, I began the book. She'd told me a few months ago, that she played cello. She said she loved the Rasa piece I played that featured a cello...I found myself all this time hoping to see her and talk about the book, and about Steve Lopez' "The Soloist", and how much I love string instruments, particularly cellos and harps. Until the 30th when I heard she had died.

I think there is what Tibetan Buddhists call a Bardo state, between absorption into Oneness and consciousness of this earthplane school. I think my mother is still there. I think Natasha, or Ruth (another woman with a 'professional name') just arrived there. There's my mother in my mind's eye, at the gateway to the hall of Akashic records, like a cosmic librarian, filing demon that she was...looking at Natasha's fading bodily form and thinking: 'Did you see my daughter? What news do you have from that far off land? Is the world changing? Are people learning to love each other?' My mother is still in the Bardo, I know she is...not willing to leave her post as a sniper shooting down the attempts of dangerous people trying to screw up her daughter's path. And Natasha is there too, getting ready to be absorbed into the light and the sound. Being welcomed into the cosmic symphony that created the Universe. The Om. The Aum. The Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment