Friday, February 19, 2010

I Love Kundalini Yoga!

I may not trust many people, but there are a few that I do: my father, Ammachi (or Sri Amritananamayi), and Yogi Bhajan. The practice of Kundalini Yoga is a combination of Hatha Yoga, Kriya Yoga, and Raja Yoga...making it more complete than most forms of yoga we know in the West. I love the yoga! I may not like the name 3HO gave me, and refuse to use it, but I love the yoga! I trust that the yoga works. I trust Yogi Bhajan. I don't trust organizations. I trust Ammachi, but not necessarily everyone in her organization. And even so, Ammachi is in human form, and so was Yogi Bhajan. I trust Yogi Bhajan, and at the same time know that he was human and capable of mistakes. Humans can make mistakes, and according to Yogi Bhajan, even God can make a mistake. So maybe everything isn't exact, but it works!

I feel deeply drawn to Kundalini Yoga and have been doing several sets including one called 'Heart of Gold' that leaves me feeling so warm and fuzzy. I also very much resonate with Saul David Raye's Ritam Yoga, and follow what I learned in his immersion as a daily Hatha Yoga practice. And, as well, I have learned a lot about alignment through Anusara. Yin Yoga, irregardless of whether Anusara practitioners believe it works or is safe...works for me, and is an integral part of my practice. The warm-up poses for Kundalini Yoga are very similar, and without either that or Yin Yoga, I become stiff and tight. Basically I love it all!

So, today I've kept up with a set at Sat Inder's for 'Balancing the Depository System', which is in the GuruRattan Kaur book, and I sang Aquarian Sadhana to Wah!'s early CD. Praanpathi Namo Namo, Kirtan Kriya, Releasing Fear, Aakhan Jor, Sa Re Ga..., Heart of Gold, and Bound Lotus. It is 40 days to change a habit, 90 days to create a new one, 120 days to confirm it as your own, and 1'000 to mastery. Of course, if the reasons for doing the kriya are ego-based and not heart-centered, that changes everything. It needs to come from the heart.

1 comment:

  1. Love this, and I am so glad I found this blog posting! very inspirational
    I am also a Kundalini Yoga fan and working on getting back to my practice.

    ReplyDelete