Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Finishing 40 Days of "Moon Kriya"

It's Groundhog's Day!!!! My mother's birthday!!!!!! Big day. Huge! Usually...I am morbidly depressed on this day. Not today! Hm. I'm drinking Yogi Tea, eating garlic and ghee toast to cleanse my system, and I don't crave chocolate anymore. I think the craving was part of the cleansing.

Ah. Sunlight makes it easy to be happy, chat with my friend Katie and laugh at Bill Murray in 'Groundhog's Day'! Darkness brings some grief and rage...though not what it used to be every year on this day. I see her body floating like an angel above the cement, and I miss her. I feel rage still for the arresting of my grief so long ago...for the lack of compassion from teachers and lovers as her body lay warm in the ground. And I see the importance of continuing to practice Bound Lotus. I miss her so much. I want her to know I have not forgotten the message from the Ouija board I will never use again. She said: "I am with you in your yoga". And she is. And that is sometimes why I sit when I want to quit. That blinding light...

No comments:

Post a Comment