Friday, February 5, 2010

I love teaching yoga!

My students in Granite City are the most wonderful group of kind, loving, friendly people. They come EARLY to class to chat with each other, to share chocolate with each other, and stay after to talk. Yoga class is a social event, which is what it is for both Anusara and Kundalini Yoga...the two traditions I'm drawn to the most. I'm a Tantric Yogini and I love life! Yoga should be fun, and for my students it is...

Feeling the sangha, the kula, the group energy, I came home to do a blissful Bound Lotus, and my other Kriyas. I found a lovely e-mail from someone I have a crush on, and fell asleep wondering what that all means, and the fact that she is a she. I'm not used to being drawn to women, and so it feels strange. I find myself thinking that this to shall pass, and is part of the awakening back into life I'm having, but something about her tugs at me. She's funny, she's fiery, beautiful, probably bisexual too, and very well-read. It's strange to feel this way, cause all my life my crushes have always involved kinky fantasies, not making someone breakfast or walking on the beach together. It is finally love and not lust that is turning me on. I think staying celibate for so long broke the addiction to having a heart closed to genuine affection and love. Whatever happens I am glad she figured in my awakening.

I have a scarf of hers and some flip-flops she wore. I offered to send them but she said the flip-flops weren't hers, that she just wore them. Nice cushy Ops. Sometimes I slip my feet into them and smile because her feet are as small as mine. What if we'd been Chinese with bound feet in a past life, and had exchanged 'nu shu' letters of affection because of our mutual affection and same shoe size as Wang Ping describes in her book: "Aching for Beauty"? Whatever she is, will, may or may not be to me, she feels like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment