Sunday, February 28, 2010

An Apple for my Teacher

The gratitude I feel toward my teacher, Sat Inder Singh, two of my students feel toward me...and yet I know it is not me who has changed their lives, nor Sat Inder who has changed mine...but the breath. The Prana. A "pranam" is a way of honoring the teacher, 'nam' being a sound or name, and 'prana' the breath behind the sound. The force which causes change is the breath behind the sound. Today I sang all day long, off and on. My voice resonates like it never has in my entire life! My lung volume is increasing. The Universe is playing me like a flute, and Sat Inder too. I laid an apple, a Pink Lady, on the CD player and pranamed to my soul. May my soul hear the request I have in my heart as I approach the 120th day of Bound Lotus: I want to take KRI Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training in Espanola, NM in August. I need $4,500 to do so...please lead me where I want to go. Help me on this path...from Mantra Yoga at my weakest when I vomited almost every day to Hatha Yoga to Kriya Yoga, which Kundalini Yoga is...I want to learn to teach this yoga that is changing my life so drastically.

Today as I spoke to my father, the room filled with light. A soft smile took the shape of my face. I am so happy, but not so I could burst...just a quiet happiness. Days like this, reading the book of yoga quotes a student bought for me, make the bad days bearable. Hearing my father's stories about Douglas Steer and Albert Schweitzer make me believe in a world made of pure love. I am walking, I am doing my yoga, because "I need time to adjust my spiritual garments".

As I did my laundry today, I found towels in the bottom of my suitcase, unwashed, from Solstice in December. The scent they gave off was sweet and filled me with bliss! I want to be in Espanola in August, learning this yoga. I want to go with Sat Inder. I need the money to come in the right way...the way of honoring my Self.

No comments:

Post a Comment