Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Arrows Cannot Reach the Sky With Our Huntress Watching

Sisters: Let us go with the fleet-footed huntress!
Let us fly like doves to rest among the stars.
The night sky will be a vast, domed temple
and in the bell tower of the heavens our wings
shall flutter and we shall softly mourn
the death of our sister below on the rich,
red pavement etched with whorls and
spirals of her blood; a feather lost
in her breast. Rough youths at play
in the cavernous arcades of that watery city
shall never know the beauty hidden
in the safest of all places, so far, yet
right above their curled and careless heads.

- first poem written in 5? years. What title?

The wasp had stung sweet Ariadne at her loom
Fool! Was I not to cry?

I feel like my teaching is changing, but then again, maybe it is just that I feel more self-confident. Confident enough to clear the energy in the studio just before teaching. Of course, in silence. But I feel it changes everything. No overarching, feeling of being micromanaged by anyone...just clear that out I say! So I taught class this morning after a creative bout that brought the poetry muse I haven't seen since my former stalker found me online and tried to claim ownership to all of my writing. Yay! I'm writing again! Pretty soon I'll be painting again. I can't help but think that this surge of creativity will spill over as enthusiasm for my classes and infuse itself into the gifts I am able to give to my students.

I took Sat Inder's class and he has changed so much recently in his teaching style. I love it! He integrates everything he knows...the way Saul David Raye does. I have tremendous respect for them both as teachers, and I have a lot to learn from each.

At home, I felt exhausted out of nowhere after a conversation with one of my bosses, and then crashed for two hours, before getting up in time to beat the clock again with Bound Lotus and my three Kriyas. I fell asleep relaxed and easy after clearing my meditation room, and cutting cords.

No comments:

Post a Comment