Friday, March 26, 2010

The stereo isn't working...

Ha ha! This brings a touch of irony to yesterday's post. So I taught class in Granite City sans music. It was different for them and for the class, but I've gotten used to it while teaching Power Vinyasa. The students suggested that I sing to them, but I opted out of that, and taught to the sound of their breathing. In Shavasana I played the Tibetan Bowl ap from my iPhone. Some students said they didn't even notice the music was not on.

Chit-chatting with a friend, we discussed the deeper dynamics of how certain instructors at the other studio are expected to 'toe the line', while yet others are given freedom and leeway to teach from their hearts. Obviously teaching what is listed on the schedule is a good idea, and considerate of the students who might like to know what they are in for, but as he said, "Don't let her tell you whether to play music or not. She's trying to micromanage how you teach." She's just being a bully.

In other news, I have my schedule cleared to teach new classes at another studio, specifically this week, but no communication about access to the building, nor keys. I'm not even on the schedule, when I was asked to submit a photo and bio to be listed as the new schedule went to press this past Monday. If I seem slightly annoyed (only moderately) it is simply due to the hilarious discrepancy between one studio owner who micromanages everything and is a pain in the ass, and another who is not quite on top of it, but is a sweetheart. If I were placing bets on which studio I am more likely to stay at...I'd say probably the undermanaged one because I'd rather be around sweethearts...let's just hope I actually get put on the schedule.

I am a little less stressed about Bound and my other meditations today because I just learned how to reboot my iPod, and went to the Apple store to use their Wi-Fi to download some iTunes (long songs) onto my iPhone that I needed, in case the iPod was fucked. Turns out it wasn't, although my Bound Lotus posture was a little screwy today. Kinda antsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment