Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The General Consensus...

...between Sat Inder, Santokh and myself is that Kundalini Yoga makes your hair thicker, your feet bigger? (not mine, hers), and just generally creates miracles. For instance, I have energy like I did in my 20s. My lung volume is insanely huge (compared to my entire former asthmatic life). My butt is perky and rounder like it was in my 20s. I am waaay more confident. I'm also a little bit bitchier, but that is just coming into my true self, and she has a bitchy side. My hair is DEFINITELY thicker (I can't get the same 'stretched out' old ponytail holders around it), and all my bitching about not wanting the white hair that was coming in has apparently turned it to the silvery gray that I wanted! Jai!!!!

Jai Hanuman! too, on Hanuman's birthday. As an aside, no wonder I felt inspired to sing the Hanuman Chalisa out of nowhere this morning at 12:01 am.

I do feel, though, like I might have been secretly praying for the wrong miracles. I mean, for instance, if a genie gave me 3 wishes, should they be thicker hair, silver hair, and a round butt? I like this, don't get me wrong...but I'm gonna go with 3 more wishes:

(1) $9, 980 as a gift, tax free...to be spent on KRI Teacher Training, a new Apple Laptop, a vaccuum cleaner, my credit cards paid off, and a down payment on a new little Mazda thingy that looks like the Honda Fit.

(2) Looooooooooooots and lots of friends who love my food, my jokes, dinner parties on the floor, and who always invite me everywhere because I make them so happy their faces hurt!

(3) A new house for my Dad and his $100,000 worth of debt paid off so he can retire and write the book he always wanted to write.

THAT's making the most of, and better use of the 3 wishes. I think I artfully crammed it all in there...

Oh wait! Just for vanity's sake, can I have a 4th wish? That I can easily and blissfully get into Bound Lotus, love it, and do it for the rest of my looong, healthy life.

Oh wait! One more, one more....World Peace, or something really damn close!

No comments:

Post a Comment