Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'm in no danger of having an overblown ego

It is nice that a few people actually give a shit about the good things happening in my life! 121 Days of Bound Lotus...I could write more about how life-changing yesterday was, but I'd rather just finish my meditation and go to bed. Read a book. Books don't get moody and jealous. Good ones don't let you down, and they don't hog the sheets, snore, or behave thoughtlessly. Maybe I don't need to blog anymore...maybe I'll just keep a private diary. I'll get a parrot to keep me company, and teach him to say: "Congratulations! That is friggin' awesome!" About the Community Classes at Byrd. But why waste my breath? Do I really need other people's affirmations? ...Yeah. Yeah, I do. It's nice that a few people have, or care, or whatever. Kitty called yesterday to congratulate me. That meant the world to me in so many ways....

Nancy smiled wide when I told her I'd finished 120 days, so did a few other people. The rest either didn't care or didn't notice, or behaved like they'd been upstaged instead of being happy for a 'sister' coming more and more into the light.

I went to see 'Crazy Heart' again, with a friend who is ALWAYS negative...addicted to it like alcohol, and he justifies his pulling me down with the fact that I sometimes indulge in negativity...but that is just it; with me it is only sometimes. Like right now, I was coming back up and his constant, constant, constant, constant bitching makes me want to strangle him. If he weren't helping me financially I'd tell him he is a boor, and he is pulling us both down. Actually I think I will tell him. I could keep taking it if it weren't so friggin' constant.

So, in the movie a character quoted some lyrics I liked, and he didn't (doesn't surprise me as he loves the kind of darkness that is negative), but here they are: "Oh you mothers and you fathers, raise your children right, don't let the darkness take them, don't let them feel forsaken, lead them safely to the light." Sometimes there are just some people I'd like to not talk to anymore, and let them find their own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment