Tuesday, March 2, 2010

120 DAYS of BOUND LOTUS!!!!!

It takes 40 days to change a habit.
90 days to confirm a new one.
In 120 days the new habit is who you are!
It takes 1'000 days to master the habit...

So, I am now someone who does Bound Lotus every day to remove the obstacles on my path to living life more fully, intensely and happily! I still cannot do Full Bound Lotus, though my hips have opened beyond half-lotus on both sides, and my shoulders continue to open. Energetically, my throat chakra seems to be the major obstacle. Therein lies the problem. I do Praanpathi Namo Namo meditation to bring more prana to the 8th vertebra, in other words, the first Thoracic vertebra. This is where the entrance is energetically for the heart to receive life force.

Before I even fell on my head, I had lost my cervical curve. Completely. I have my disk space, miraculously, after living for years with the spine of an old, hunched woman, and fighting it by muscling my shoulders up. The new injury that occured last November 1st, also the anniversary of contracting mono, strep, and developing CFS in 2001, compressed C7 and T1. This cut off prana flow. My chiropractor, Dr. Bridget Brasfield, said yesterday that I can get my curve back completely if I work hard at it. If I am diligent.

After also developing 'tennis elbow' recently from too many chaturangas, I find that this, like the previous injury, brought older injuries to the forefront. For more than a decade I was doing repetitive motions that compressed my cervical vertebrae to a completely reversed curve and stressed my right arm constantly. It was not just a car accident in 1996 that did this to my spine. It was not just a car accident that made my knees so sensitive to pressure...it was being an exotic dancer from 1994 - 2008. Though I had a lot of fun in the early years before I became an alcoholic, Chronic! weed smoker, Opium addict, and Ecstasy user, as the years progressed I gradually almost destroyed my mental health, and the health of my body and spine. Working in the clubs was like walking the razor's edge. And sometimes, I still miss it.

The honesty of people working in that industry about what their motivations are was refreshing in a strange sort of way, even though many only wanted to see you suffer as much as they were. There were also many, many fun times, crazy days of throwing water balloons at each other, playing with Super-Soakers, and hilarious antics on-stage. It was fun! It was also damaging to my health in many, many ways...including respiratory with all that awful cigar and cigarette smoke. So many negative people and entities...But it was home...for a long time. And now it isn't. Now Yoga is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment