Thursday, January 14, 2010

Voltaire's advice:

"The most important decision we make each day is to be in a good mood."

And Power Yoga instructor, Baron Baptiste says:

"Mediation sets my mood. Usually upon arising, my mind calls me to immediately launch into my day, getting my kids off to school, getting dressed, checking messages, and making calls. At this point in my life, I know that this energetic pattern only contributes to mental chaos. If I've taken no steps toward establishing a change of heart within myself, then it will be no wonder that I'm feeling crazy and disconnected by midday.

"The flip side is that if I set aside twenty to thirty minutes each morning for meditation and prayer and just quietly sit with myself, my experience of life becomes very different, because I'm different. By sitting still my mind is renewed, and I anchor to something in me that can shine a light into my life. So before I do anything else, I've learned to commit to putting first things first. I anchor to myself. I make the connection to conscience, putting on my spiritual armor before I head off into my day. Before I even take a step outside my door, I set myself right." - from "40 Days to Personal Transformation"

For me, like Gabrielle Roth, I find that 'mine is a dancing path'. Once I appease my internal demons with movement, they will sit still. My little demons are hyper-active five-year-olds. I've been watching videos of Gabrielle Roth's 5Rhythms, and noting the parallels with not only Saul David Raye's style of teaching that I follow now, but with my own background in modern dance: Isadora Duncan and Martha Graham, and my dance teacher at G.P.S. - Peggy Thomas, who studied with Martha Graham. I love to dance!!!!!!! It makes me smile. It sets my mood to...

No comments:

Post a Comment