Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I officially HATE my new name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was having a relatively decent day until I got the e-mail from 3HO that I am now "blessed" to live with the name Santjeet Kaur. I can just count the number of times I'm gonna have to say: "Nooooooo... It's not 'Sanjeet', it's Santjeet. Thoroughly annoyed. Not particularly grateful. I don't like the meaning either: 'Sant' means saint, and I'm definitely not one. The name means saintly Lioness of God who overcomes all obstacles in her path. It also means that since saints supposedly don't ever say anything negative, I won't either...news flash! I HATE MY NEW NAME! So there!!!!

Oh, and wait, I forgot...it is Epiphany. Big wuh...'p' T do.

Screw Bound Lotus too! I hate the damn pose! I'll do it anyway, but I hate this fucking name! It makes me want to cuss like a sailor and develop Touret's Syndrome. I feel like I'm barking when I say it. Like I'm doing rounds of Breath of Fire. Even thinking about starvng children in Somalia who probably hate their names too, but don't have time to worry about it isn't stopping this temper tantrum. I felt funny growing up named after a flower, and I wanted an empowering name like Phoenix, but Santjeet sounds like I'm coughing up pghlem. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it so much with a vehemance and intensity I never thought possible for a name. Why not something like Bibi or Saroj.... ????????? I HATE THIS NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Putting it in all caps doesn't do justice to how much I hate this name. I want to put it on the wall in big letters and throw darts at it, I hate it so much. Saint-LY my ass. Overcoming obstacles? This name is an obstacle that I want to jump like a hurdle on the way to a different name. I don't like being overly feminine, but this name is so totally unfeminine to me it grates on my nerves to hear it come out of my mouth. I can't wait to sit in Bound and drown out the sound of this stupid name by blowing out my eardrums listening to the "Ray Man"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I refuse to use this name.

I'm sure plenty of Sikhs pick the names for their babies and don't ask anybody online to do it. While I'm at it, so much for picking the name astrologically, they didn't even ask for the 'birth time'. Thanks but no thanks! I pretty much liked my birth name, I just can't use it right now. I've wanted a spiritual name in Hindi or Gurmukhi for years...and something tells me if parents can pick their kids' names with checking in with 3HO...well so can I.

#*!?$@?!!#@!! name.

No comments:

Post a Comment