Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Levee is Breaking....

I saw "Crazy Heart" with a friend yesterday, and it was so inspiring about coming back from loss, addiction and resurrecting the ruins of a soul... It made me think about how Jack White of The White Stripes said that when you are digging deeper into music, you are digging into the blues. Joy comes from letting in the pain and sadness, embracing them, being with them, like holding a friend in your heart who has lost a loved one.

So...I went back to my practice this morning listening to Led Zep again, because their music dips into the light and shade of my soul:

Stairway to Heaven
When the Levee Breaks
Ramble On
Dazed and Confused
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
Whole Lotta Love
Kashmir (my favorite)
All of My Love
Bron-Y-Aur...

this was my practice. And my heart opened in the music like a flow, a dance with the dark, abandoned, lonely part of my soul. I need to dance this way to be able to hold a space for other's emotions. For me, Yoga is a dance of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment