Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I did Bound Lotus on lunch break....

while taking the first day of an Anusara Immersion with Martin Kirk. It was easier to get into, I suspect partly because of all the physical opening and alignment we did, but also because of the way we were running Muscular and Organic Energy through the Focal Points of the pelvic core, the bottom of the heart, and the palate. Martin's teaching is so easy to follow. And I see now why Brigette's mom saw the connection between it and Yin Yoga. I also think it resonates very strongly with the teachings of Saul David Raye, though his work isn't so alignment-based. It is based on Tantric concepts, and so is Anusara. A love of life and being in the world and the muck out of which the lotus blossoms. Not like Advaita Vedanta where you are trying to get out of the world. The thing is I like it all! There are sides to me which are more inclined to the Advaita Vedanta teaching, and sides more inclined to the Tantric basis of Saul David Raye and Anusara. I think I might have been one of those full-on Advaita Vedanta types in a past life (you know, total renunciates and all...) and got sent back to fall in love with the world. If it is an 'illusion', as Advaita Vedanta teaching says, then it is a beautiful one as Tantra says...

No comments:

Post a Comment