Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My pain in the neck is gone!!!

Well...pretty much. The doc says I'm astoundingly better. Bound Lotus rocks! I love chiropractors! Yoga rules! Saul David Raye is the bomb!

But anyway, my neck is better, and it looks like I might be taking a well-timed Winter road trip to Florida for the Kundalini Winter Solstice Sadhana Celebration with a friend who has a Yoda on his dashboard. Since my Dad is kinda like Obi Wan-Kenobi, I guess I'll be Lucia Skywalker slipping on over to the light side and crocheting myself some fabulous white and pastel beanies for the occasion. Don't get me wrong, I still do Yoga to Led Zeppelin and wear my Jimmy Page & Robert Plant 'Walking Into Everywhere' T-shirt, but Ammachi likes popular music too. When I went to see her in 2006 they said her chauffeurs went to turn off the radio and she asked them to leave it on. She was bouncing her head to the music. So, Snatam Kaur, Deva Premal, B-Tribe, Led Zep, Bjork, Procul Harum, lemonjelly, Krishna Das...they all co-exist on my shelf.

Bound Lotus tweaked my shoulders a little this evening, but it was fairly blissful to finish it as my Dad knocked on my door. I'd just finished lying in Savasana when he knocked. I felt a difference in the way we spoke. I thought of how every time I've gone to see Ammachi with some friends of mine I've felt so energetic and fulfilled while there, and so exhausted and sick when I came back from the drive with them. They are good people, but they suck the life out of me - literally. I went to visit one of those friends last week, and BOOM! I got sick.

What they do to me I used to do to people all the time, and I didn't realize how bad I was anymore than they do. Good people like I said, but very draining. So there are people who wear a lot of white and pastel who can wear you out, and people who wear whatever who don't, and vice versa. Clothing choices, musical choices... I went to see the movie "Pirate Radio", and I loved it as much as "It Might Get Loud". I love Rock and Pop. I love Sanskrit Chanting and Moroccan Trance and New Age Flute music, just not much into groups like, oh say, Ministry. I'm not interested in feeding my anger. But I do love loud rock n' roll.

I think life is fabulous with all it's variety. I love life. I hope with the practice of Bound Lotus I'll be able to experience more of it without draining people like I still can at times, much less the horendous way I did years ago. It's funny in a way when I see people behave like energy vampires now...you can't fool me. I know what it looks like, and just because people listen to 'spiritual music' doesn't mean they don't do it.

We all do it to a certain extent. Everyone shares each other's energy. We just need to plug into the Source more often. Yoga helps us do that, and so does music. After all, the naad, the Sound Current is what it is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment