Friday, November 6, 2009

It Gets Easier

After my second chiropractic adjustment since the injury, I feel as if my shoulders are opening in a way they never could before...what my chiropractor is doing for me is amazing! And the gifts of Bound Lotus are equally amazing! As I stretched earlier today, I began to cry as I moved deep into opening the hips in Rajakapotasana, expanding on the opening from my private lesson with Keith on the 28th of October. My upper back is gradually beginning to gain back some of the feeling of openess I received from that lesson, that got cut short by the injury. It's as if my ego didn't like the new higher vibration...

While stretching my hips, I cried. Once in Bound Lotus, I felt my lumbar vertebrae release, and my forehead sunk into the pillows such that I wondered if this practice is seriously helping to re-create my cervical curve? I felt my neck lengthening. I sang enthusiastically along with the Ray Man Shabd for 10 minutes, and then sat up and took half Bound Lotus on the left big toe. That was tough. My fingers kept slipping. My left shoulder is pretty tight. Then I switched sides. Back resting my forehead on the pillows, I clasped opposite elbows in half-Bound Lotus. After another 10 minutes, I sat up for the next five to grasp my left big toe. I felt like my heart was right over my hips in a way it had not been yesterday. The change feels dramatic! I'm blown away by the feeling of expansiveness, and how every time I complete the day's practice I feel rejuvinated and free of pain for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment