Thursday, November 12, 2009

Led Zeppelin, Saul David Raye, and the bees buzzing in my head...

At today's workshop, Saul talked about the chakras in ways I'd never heard before... he's been bringing up things that I've been reading over the past few weeks, and also mentioned Led Zeppelin and Jimmy Page (whom I have a crush on...) in the same breath as the Sahasrara chakra, talking about the chakras being a 'Stairway to Heaven' and how Led Zeppelin's music has inner and outer meanings. Funny that I've spent all my spare time in the last four weeks researching eveything Led Zep. Including the symbol 'Zoso'. Funny that when I fell on my head, I was in the process of trying to get all of my Zeppelin CD's on iPod. Funny that I've been doing my Yoga practice to Led Zep.

My head is buzzing! So much fabulous stuff! My neck is healing from Saul's teaching: let the body move the way it needs to... The body knows how to heal itself. I love the way he teaches! I love the conversations I'm having.... talking with Georgia about mantras, with Tung about cupping and TCM. I'm so fired up! "How will I sit for Bound Lotus?" I think. But I do.

As I sit listening to the Ray Man I think briefly of the 'So Purkh' Mantra that Saul was playing when we came back from lunch. It was fascinating to find him absorbed in a Kundalini Yoga chant! I know for sure I want to study with him. So I sit. My forehead has sunk so deeply into the pillows that it is almost on the floor. I feel twinges in my spine like bee stings, then it's gone and there is no pain. My nose itches unbearably instead. Then, at 10:01 p.m. I'm done. I must have started at 9:30. It's been a long day, tomorrow will be even longer: singing Lalita Sahasranama ( everday), Saul's workshop, the chiropractor, this practice, my regular mantra practice, and Puja for Vaishnodevi (Sola Shukravar which I will finish on January 2nd, 2010).

No comments:

Post a Comment