Friday, November 13, 2009

Bound Lotus at 7:30 am is different than at 7:30 pm

I was worried I wouldn't get the practice done today, so I did it first thing, and didn't have as much time to stretch out. Even so, it was easier.

My forehead is almost to the ground, which just blows my mind! Grasping my toes is getting easier, and after coming out of the pose, the soreness in my neck and back have lessened. I feel at ease. At Saul's Immersion we went through his special blend of asana again with the shaking. I thought of an old article I read about "shaking medecine" and the native Americans and Quakers. He keeps saying: "The body knows how to heal itself," and it does.

At the chiropractor's they tell me that my muscles are considerably looser, and my spine easier to adjust. I love my chiropractor! I love Saul! I love it all! Meeting this beautiful Indian woman, Barbara, who suggested driving to the Himalayan Yoga Institute out of nowhere (somewhere I've dreamed of going), and Lisa and Lindsey, and then Renee and Yvonne again makes me so happy. Whirling like a Sufi at the end of the day makes me happy...even when my ego gets in the way and starts judging some yuppies at the grocery store trying to look streetwise. I just went into my meditation room and did the Middle Pillar exercise and all the energy of the day came rushing back as my ego settled back down.

I finished the puja for Vaishnodevi that I do every Friday, and my neck is fine, unlike last Friday. Was it Saul's dancing, spinning and Yoga? Was it my chiropractor Bridget? Was it Bound Lotus? Maybe it was just the Yoga/the 'Union' of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment