Wednesday, November 4, 2009

2 Days In...

It was relatively easy yesterday, whereas today my mind and mental body have been fighting like crazy to avoid this practice. I finally sat down to do it at 3:45 p.m., and, all of a sudden out of nowhere, I became very, very stiff in my hips. I thought: "This is crazy!" It immediately disappeared. But then I felt as if I had a horrible sinus infection. Earlier, at the chiropractor's office, the nurse practitioner had noted a slight sinus infection where I had not felt anything. My mind raced telling me to walk in the park instead or I'd miss the beautiful day...then I became ravenously hungry and allowed myself to eat a package of Sahale almonds with dried apples. Then, like telling a small child "no more" , I prepared to sit. Unlike yesterday, it was physically excruciating through the hips and groin. My shoulders ached and I could not breathe well. I felt a bout of anxiety welling up and opted to sing out the Ray Man Shabd along with the recording of Snatam Kaur.

The first side for 15 minutes was difficult, but the second side was worse. My left thigh shook and I wanted to scream as if I were trapped inside some kind of Chinese puzzle box. Then, it was over. As the last strains of Snatam's voice washed over me, I smiled, raised my head, and found that my neck has more mobility than before. Imagine that.

No comments:

Post a Comment