Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Snow White/Rose Red

I feel myself drowned in grief.

"In the fairy tales I read as a child, I will tell Bahar on that day, the heroine is always damaged: she has spent two decades asleep under a curse, or locked up in a tower. She has lost her mother and been betrayed by her father, forced to promise her firstborn to a gnome, taken into the woods and left to die. Even after the prince arrives to awaken her from her sleep, or breaks into the tower by using her hair to climb to the top, even after the gnome self-destructs and the witch is boiled in the pot she had prepared for the children, the heroine cannot undo the damage done to her. I know this - that I will always remain damaged - but I do believe that I can be real in spite of the damage, that I can find my way through the dark and thorny woods, climb up the valley of The Tango Dancer's despair, and emerge, if not whole, triumphant nevertheless." - 'Caspian Rain', Gina B. Nahai

1 comment:

  1. Hi i live in Sweden with a woman suffering from me and everything that comes with this cruel symdrome. I try to face all the hardships by her side, though the whole thing sometimes destroys me too. I practice yoga and recently found this bound lotus practice. I can only hold the pose for a few seconds and have not comitted to the full kriya with a predicided number of days and everything yet, i have too many demands and responsibilities and too little time and energy. Anyways, just wanted to thank you for writing the blog and wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete