Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Destiny Whispers Its Clues To Us...

...about who we are from the day we are born. My parents were always trying to get me to come out of my room, or out of what they called a trance. I simply loved to sit and meditate, basically. My mother kept my sister's hair short, and mine long, and I wanted more than ever to wear it in a bun, not braids. Then when I finally began to wear my hair in a bun, I wore it high, right on the posterior fontanel where American Sikhs who are women wear theirs, so they can attain their destiny and clarity just like men. People made fun of me for wearing my bun so high, but I didn't care...

I saw Lilias Folan doing yoga when I was four, at the President of Berry College's house, and fell in love.

I loved to wear bracelets as a young woman, and now I wear Karas.

I loved to dance, and so I was a dancer for a while...

I love to cook, so maybe I will be a chef?

I love to sing so much, and have sung at Kirtans, played the flute, violin, piano and French horn...and my birth announcement had a long-haired baby playing an electric guitar! So maybe one day I will?

I loved books about magic as a child, and I've weaved magic to undo the magic done on me...and others.

I do Bound Lotus - a modified version - every day, so one day I will be able to do the full pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment