Monday, July 12, 2010

The Maha Shakti Mantra...

...is changing me! Every day I sit to sing it, a tear escapes from my right eye, and I feel tingles of energy! As Yogi Bhajan says: "Woman needs her own power."

Leigh-Ann from class yesterday fell in love with Simrit Kaur's music, as I found myself directing everyone to lie in Shavasana at the beginning of class, and talked about 'death and rebirth' as the 'Akal' mantra played. I found out today that it is sung for 17 days following someone's death to help them expand into the light and a state of deathlessness. Then I played the "Divine Birth" CD by Snatam Kaur, and was delighted when Leigh-Ann asked for the info on both so that she can play them during her birth experience!

At home, today, I began singing the 'Akal' mantra for my mother. Everything exists in a place of timelessness as well as in time, so I can sing it for her now, while I couldn't have when she died...even if I had known it. Then I continued singing the mantras for children and babies, to help them all be born strong.

And, of course, I sat for Bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment