Friday, July 9, 2010

I sat and cried today...

...because there was no one at my donation-only Kundalini Class, and I just came back from Kundalini Summer Solstice and have so much to share and no one to share it with. I did my Bound Lotus practice there, and then did the Set I'd planned on teaching for building the aura, which really helped to get me to stop crying enought to drive safely home. I feel like St. Louis is square, so closed off, so not where I want to be at all. I want go back to New Mexico, to Albuquerque, or Santa Fe, or to Portland, Oregon, or San Francisco...even if I have to live in a little box.

Once, years ago, while flying back from Montreal, and stuck on a layover, a kind businessman looked at me with my braids, and hippie clothes, and said, "What is a funky girl like you doing living in St. Louis?" I told him that I didn't know...I just live here. But I don't want to. I want to move. I want to leave. I'm tired of struggling to make a living to teach here, when there are cities like the above-mentioned and even Philadelphia where Justicia is, that I could move to and really thrive! This city...and Granite City, teaching here, especially. I love the students in my class, but too many people at this studio are so closed-minded and so focused on just physical fitness. It is so frustrating to want to show people how to follow the path of yoga back to their souls and centers, and watch them have no interest. St. Louis is such a struggle. It's the tight spot of the U.S. The heartland that won't open.

I need to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment