Friday, July 23, 2010

Doing a New Meditation called "Laya Yoga"!

I started it yesterday...and "It makes you creative and focused on your real priorities and helps you sacrifice what is needed to accomplish them." Also, "Laya Yoga fixes your attention and energy on your essence and higher consciousness without normal distractions and attachments having power over your reactive awareness."

"This mantra (Ek Ong Kaar [uh] Sa Ta Na Ma [uh] Siree Wha [uh] Hay Guru) was guarded like a secret gem. It is the key to the inner doors of naad, the realm of creative sound. If you listen to the sound of the mantra and then concentrate into its subtle sounds, you will become absorbed into the inner domain of your Higher Self."

"...This mantra takes you to the most subtle realm of creativity. It awakens the Kundalini force that energizes the whole Creation. It awakens your awareness and empowers the sense of the Subtle Body of the Aura. The practice of the meditation gives intuition and the ability to heal."

I wondered why I was doing it when I have all these other meditations. And more importantly, I wondered why I was doing it at all...then today I realized, as I spoke with a good girlfriend, that I need to let go of my ex of 10 years ago, who talks to me frequently, and whom I talk to just as frequently. He is draining me intensely. What happened this weekend with him buying tickets for me to see a show, and then letting me know later that the talented young woman in the one-woman monologue was his most recent ex, and not only that, but the woman he loved more than me...was just so many kinds of wrong.

And then making plans to have me come over to wash out my tent, and be halfway present because of constantly needing to look at his phone, the same the next day when I picked it up, and making plans for lunch the following day, only to have him call me an hour later to say he just woke up! We did end up having a bite to eat, and a nice conversation...but WTF!?

This is ExACtly the way he behaved 10 years ago. And it didn't help seeing a woman outside the restaurant who recognized him and then shot me a dirty look. Yet another person he can't introduce me to because he can't remember her name. Schmuck! Need I explain why I think she might have been smug toward him, and toward me? Same old, same old. Nothing has changed.

And so this meditation is to help you be focused on your real priorities and to sacrifice what is needed to accomplish them. I'd say my biggest priority is to stay physically, emotionally and mentally sound. To accomplish this, his friendship needs to be sacrificed. He has pulled me down and drained me too much in the past. I will not allow him to ever make me feel like shit for 5 days, or even one day. Enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment