Sunday, July 25, 2010

I've said goodbye...

...and my heart aches. Even floating for almost a minute in handstand does not ease the grief. Singing the Akal brings it up. Now I know why I began singing it on the 12th. Reading Virginia Woolf's "Orlando" is welcome respite, but even dropping myself into a book has to end. Classes must be taught, Bound Lotus be done, and food chewed and swallowed. On the 19th when my heart sank, I saw a blurb on facebook about making up your fake album cover from random names, quotes and photos. My band name was the Mary Rose ( a ship which sunk fully intact on July 19th -no less- of 1545), the photo of a girl in a flowered dress fallen into a pool as if drowning and fully clothed, and the title: "Thanks for Telling Me". That's how I felt on Monday, like I just drowned. And I wanted to say to Joe:" thanks for telling me." He should have told me before the play...and it took me all day Monday to realize that I was hurt. I was like a ship sinking slowly. I've been letting water come in the hull all week. Now I have to swim out of the sinking ship and get away...

No comments:

Post a Comment