Wednesday, June 2, 2010

...or is it |1| ?

On January 27, 2006, after a short impromptu organ piece by David Knox, filmmaker David Lynch introduced his new film "Inland Empire" to Chicago's Music Box Theater by quoting from the Aitareya Upanishad:

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

I wrote today. I haven't in a while. And as I felt as if I were pulling my intestines up through my nose, I thought of Anais Nin when she said that some mornings you feel as if something is stuck in your throat and you get up to spit it out, or something like that. I've only written two pieces before that wrench the gut...this makes number 3. Is it the charm?

...or is it |1| ?

Number |1|. With a red square drawn around it.

If I'm cryptic, it is because I refuse to tell the whole story. Not now. And now, I am off to see the Wizard, as my mother used to say, and do Bound Lotus. Life is like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment