Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 1 of White Tantric Yoga...

with Amar Bir Kaur (Valeria Grunnebaum).

I woke up and did not have time to do Bound because we had to be in the kitchen at 5 am to chop veggies for two hours, before White Tantric. I was frustrated because most of the time there were not enough things to do, and I could have been doing Bound. I said so, and this woman across from me made it her mission to see if I could let it go, just by watching me and turning to her husband and saying, "She can't let it go." I wanted to say neither can you, bitch, but I just moved to another table and started chopping onions.

I know I was partly angry because I had visions of Amar Bir picking another partner the way Sat Inder did. I did not want to be late. When I finally was able to get there, Amar Bir was waiting. Even though the monitors had continually pressured her to get another partner. She said she told them I had to work and would be late. I was so relieved. It really hurt and made me cry when Sat Inder basically dumped me on my first day of White Tantric, but Amar Bir, without knowing it, was making up for it.

And on the Spanish side I did not have to worry about the sun at all. Amar Bir had told me this was an added benefit to being Spanish-speaking: the area reserved was way under the shelter, next to the Gurdwara. This meant no dirt and debris on my sheepie either.

The first set was 62 minutes, and was purely cooling Sitali breath. Sweet. Wonderful. The next was also beautiful. We had an easy lunch of yummy Tantric burgers, and then time for a nap and stretch. This woman next to me was watching everything I did, and commenting on my looks and flexibility. It was so draining, that I got distracted, and actually pulled my left hamstring. This will take weeks to heal. I finally asked her to stop watching me, and, amazingly, she finally did...after she'd sucked quite a bit of energy. This is a problem, because I can't do the Banishings here without drawing attention, you know, invoking Isis and Osiris....

No comments:

Post a Comment