Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Last Day...

I awoke ready to shower and pack up my tent. Not ready to leave Ram Das Puri, but tired of the heat and dryness. I did Chee Kriya and Bound Lotus... Then said goodbye to Kristikka and Sat Siri and her son Rajpreet (Sebastian). We promised to see each other next year, and they packed up and left. I wrapped myself in a shawl to prevent burning, and worsening of my eczema, and covered myself with raw coconut oil to stop the itching, while I quickly made 3 more trips to the car with my things, and then swept and packed up the tent.

Then I took a much needed warm shower (for once it wasn't cold), and headed for the car with the last of my things. I passed Sat Inder on the way, and he said he'd come by my tent but I wasn't there. He said he'd taken Amrit and Sikh Vows, which I figured he had. I was sorry I hadn't been there, but I wasn't doing well with getting up at 3 am. I am very happy for him though...

Lunch was being served, and I saw Jiwan Shakti, my 2nd Tantric partner, and so we sat and ate together in the Admin trailer, with a beautiful white-haired woman who was none other than Prabhu Prakash Kaur, the head of Administration! I love her voice. We talked about Sikh Karas and sprouts, and making Golden Milk. Then I left and said goodbye to Pavan Deep and Sat Inder, and promptly got off in the wrong direction down the mountain, but Sat Inder helped me out.

At the end of that long, rocky road, I stopped to get gas and realized how spacy I was...I then drove that way through Santa Fe, and onto the wrong highway through the sagebrush. As I listened to Simrit Kaur singing Akal Moorat, I fell in love with the mountain I had just come down from, and began to cry. I cried even more when I finally saw a gas station: Pecos River Station, with hummingbird feeders, and I saw my first ever real hummingbird! What magic! I cried as I listened to Snatam Kaur's "Poota Mataa Ke Asees", knowing that the singing of it is healing for my relationship with my mother, just as I had known instinctively 2 days before White Tantric Yoga.

I cried on and off until arriving in Amarillo, Texas to find that almost every room had been rented by Jehovah's Witnesses. That grounded me a little, and then I crashed when I finally found a room.

No comments:

Post a Comment