Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bound Lotus in the Fire Tent with Gurunam Singh

Day 229 of Bound Lotus I did in the Fire Tent at Winter Solstice 2010. Having missed a day back in the Spring of this year, I will now actually reach Day 235 on Christmas Day! On that same day I will complete 90 days of Laya Yoga & the Ashtang Mantra. I am tracking that practice on another blog: aphoenixrisesthroughlayayoga.blogspot.com. When I was working on some rough spots I also kept a seperate blog. On Christmas Day I will come back to write on this one regularly, after finishing the Laya Yoga blog.

Doing Bound Lotus AND Laya Yoga (both for 31 minutes a day) has been challenging, to say the least, at Winter Solstice. It is easier to do them both in my tent. Yet, this morning, for the start of Solstice, I actually wanted to go to Sadhana and Gurdwara. I do Sadhana alone, normally, except for when I am at Teacher Training in Kansas City. So really, even though I went to Winter Solstice 2009 and Summer Solstice 2010, I never went to Sadhana there...it was too much. I was sick at both and in a lot of pain, and lucky to even be there, and to keep up with Bound Lotus. So this morning was my first time doing group Sadhana with more than 6 people. I think there were 100?

It was wonderful, though I kept falling asleep sitting up. Gurunam Singh led Sadhana. His voice is so lovely...

In Gurdwara for the first time at Solstice too, I accidentally sat on the men's side. Now I am pretty sure I was a guy in a past life. At any rate, I am back in my tent, with all of the rain and damp, keeping things dry, and planning to continue blogging on the blog for Laya Yoga until Christmas Day. Wahe Guru!

No comments:

Post a Comment