Monday, February 14, 2011

My Heart in a Box

Reading the book on Jivamukti Yoga: "The root of every asana is the steady connection to the earth. When your connection to the earth is stable, you feel ease in body and mind. How did we become so estranged from our blissful Source...? We practice asana and other yogic techniques to reverse the process of dense, unconscious materialism...the road taken on this journey to cosmic consciousness is 'through' the forms of the material world, not away from the material realm. As yogis we are trying to find our way back to our Source, which is limitless and boundless joy. To liberate ourselves, we must begin by becoming conscious of our material nature and of the nature of the Earth, our world." ~~

~ and the last part of a translated Sanskrit mantra:
"Only through the experiences of life can the soul be perfected. Honor this gift, your life."

~~~ I really cannot think of a better gift to give to the Mother of the universe, than my heart inside the box of my ribcage, wrapped in the ribbon and bow of my arms and legs in Bound Lotus.

And, as I told my chiropractor the other day, I see how ungrounded I am, how my aura is weak because I have refused to go into the lower chakras and lower spinal energy for so long. I see, now, how the psychic pain I am experiencing is necessary, that the only way to get to the other side is 'through'. On my journey to picking up the lost fragments of my soul, like Inanna for her sister Erishkegal in the Sumerian myth, I've wrapped up a present for God. When I wrap up that present every day, it doesn't seem like much; but when I unwrap it at the end of the practice, it has been transformed into more than what I originally gave. In bowing and giving the gift of myself to the Earth and the Heavens I get back much more than I gave. I get my life and my health...from resting in the discomfort that others feel for much longer than my 31 minutes of anxiety. It's like Christmas every day!*

* originally posted on February 9th in the closed Facebook group for those of us who practice Bound Lotus.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for these posts and for this blog and your practice.

    ReplyDelete